Max Megatron 1400
Looking for an automatic swing gate operator suitable for traffic-heavy commercial use? We have it! Fast and powerful without sacrificing security, the Max Megatron 1400 is the ideal commercial swing gate operator. With a fast opening and closing speed, compatibility with many pre-existing installations, and an assortment of other security features, the Max Megatron 1400 is an excellent choice for both commercial and residential use.
Max Megatron 1400 Mechanical Specifications
Max Megatron 1400 dimensions (18.3 W x 24.5 D x 21.3 H) 18.5 arm height
Heavy duty gear box 900:1 Size 70 constant lubrication using special gear oil
Gate opening capacity up to 1400lb/15ft or 1200lb/20ft
Large output shaft 3.25” solid steel with cast iron clamping system
Direct gear drive (no chains, belts, or pulleys)
Gate speed 11.5 to 18 seconds based on weight of the gate and selectable speed control
Mechanical and electrical manual gate release functions
Corrosion protection gold zinc coating
Continuous cycle at extreme temperature range. No overheating possibility
Intelligent ramp-up and ramp-down gate speed control for smooth operation
Gate operator shipping weight 205 lbs
Max Megatron 1400 Security Specifications
- High traffic intuitive loop management system for better security
- Advanced security features with built-in audible and remote alarms
- Magnetic lock control relay outputs with selectable delay times
- Tamper alert relay outputs triggered “on” if gate is forced open
- Audible alarm if gate is tampered with or ERD is triggered for higher security
- Gate partial open recorder
- Lockable cover with key lock release to prevent intruders and vandalism
- Gate disable feature, disables all inputs with exception of the firedepartment input for high security
- Built–in transaction buffer for high security
- Gate status outputs for gate monitoring
- Direct motor control of jog OPEN/CLOSE for manually moving a gate in case of emergency
- Advanced anti-tailgate features to provide higher security
- No need for magnetic lock with the robust output shaft and clamp design of the Max Megatron 1400
Max Megatron 1400 Safety Specifications
- Adaptive obstruction sensor for much better gate safety system. 16 selectable sensitivity settings
- Built-in UL buzzer reset
- UL 325/991 compliant Class I, II, III, and IV. CSA approved
- Pinch arm protection design
- Dynamic magnetic brake system stops the gate immediately to prevent damage to obstructions
- Vehicle hit protection technology protects the gate operator from collision damage caused by automobile impact, avoiding costly repairs
- Built-in advanced entrapment protection and alarm output
- Built-in gate in motion alarm for industrial applications
What sets the Max Megatron 1400 apart from other models?
The Max Megatron 1400 boasts a direct gear drive. This means no belts, chains, or pulley systems necessary to open and close gates. Able to run a continuous cycle even in extreme temperatures means you don’t have to be concerned with the Megatron 1400 overheating during operation.
Even more mechanical features include:
- Both electrical and mechanical manual gate release functions.
- Heavy-duty gear box 900: A one-size, 70 constant lubrication with special gear oil.
- Intelligent ramp-up/ramp-down speed control for smooth gate operation.
- 25 inch solid steel output shaft featuring a cast-iron clamping system.
Can the Max Megatron 1400 be used to monitor the security of my gate?
Yes! Security is a central feature on the Max Megatron 1400. It comes with tamper alert relay outputs (if the gate is forced open), regular status outputs for gate monitoring and built-in audible and remote alarms.
Additional security features include:
- High-traffic intuitive loop management system for optimal security
- Gate partial open recorder
- Built-in, high security transaction buffer
- Locking cover with key lock release for preventing vandalism and intruders
- Direct OPEN/CLOSE function motor control for manually opening or closing a gate in an emergency
Will my gate be able to function in a power outage?
Each operator includes a Max BC-7 battery module that provides 400 cycles meaning a power outage won’t leave you stuck at the gate. Additionally, you are protected from power surges by the dual-motor overcurrent safety shut off.
Even more electrical features:
- Solar battery module complete with advanced built-in solar regulator
- Low voltage wiring capabilities – remote power up to 1000 feet with no battery needed
- Lightning protection for up to 20K volts and 10K amps on all inputs and outputs (44 channels)
- Switchable 115/230 voltage selection